There is so much uncertainty going on in the world right now, so we decided to put something together to help reduce stress during these challenging times. Here are 5 things we at Bike Legal suggest to help everyone during this very unique time in our history.
- Spend 15-20 minutes (or more) in a quiet place, with no phones, tv’s, tablets, etc. Preferably looking at nature. Sometimes we forget to slow down. Slowing down to spend some time clearing your mind can help bring a little bit of lasting peace in these difficult times.
- Be part of the solution and not part of the problem. Some of us may have ended up with some extra supplies that would mean the world to your neighbor. The beautiful part about our country is the ability to help one another during trying times. If we work together and watch out for one another, we will get through this as better human beings.
- Spend some time reading an interesting book. Books can take hours if not days to read. They really force you to slow down and enjoy what the author was thinking and imagining at the time of writing. During the age of Netflix, Apple TV and Disney +; let's imagine things in our mind, rather than watching it on a screen.
- Engage in a ritual of exercise. It is important to keep healthy during this time, and as cyclist, we have the luxury to go outside and ride. Riding outside can help boost your immune system and when the sun comes out, we will be able to get some Vitamin D as well!
- Stay steady with your daily ritual. Going to bed early and waking up with our beautiful sun every morning is a great way to lift our moods and get us in a positive state of mind. Try to avoid any news or social media two hours before going to bed and one hour after waking up.
Friends, at the end of the day we are all in this together, so let’s make sure to be kind to one another! We will make it through this in one piece, and before you know it, we will be out riding in groups and socializing normally again. We will all be exceptionally grateful to see each other in the peloton once we’re back out there and this has all passed.